"Darsena" Area en Milan, Italy
Comune de Milano
Souto Moura Arquitectos, SA
52195,00 m 2
The area at issue surrounds a channel; the solution proposed involves the implementation of different leisure equipments and restaurants permitting the renovation of this location. Furthermore, due to its privileged location, the aim was to turn it into an attraction point of the city of Milan.
The proposed solution was that the various equipments would be integrated within the surrounding atmosphere, thus taking advantage of the existing unevenness and the canal.
The most important are:
- inferior crossing to the Vialle DAnnunzio, in the prolongation of the Via Renna, with a span of 28m in between the supporting axes, and with 20,8m of width.
- the connection from channel to Via Renna Fountain;
- low fence bridge near the water level, in the Via Renna alignment;
- market, with a structure composed of various modular boxes with dimensions of 8.0x5.0 m2 and an approximately 3m height;
- the buried bar near the channel gate, integrally composed of concrete;
- pizzeria whose slabs are in concrete supported by metal pillars in the channel side and by reinforced concrete walls on the Viale Gorizia side;
- the slope in cantilever for the connection of the water level area to the Viale Gorizia.