Your privacy is important to us.
"Personal Data" comprises information about a user that can be used to identify him or her personally, whether directly or indirectly.
The Data Controller is AFACONSULT (PROAFA – SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.), who provides services and/or supplies products, and who determines for that purpose, without limitation, that:
- The Personal Data that must be processed within the context of the service provision and/or product supply;
- The Purposes for which Personal Data are processed; and
- The means used to process Personal data
Identity and contact details of the data controller.
Data collected through this web site is processed by AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) taxpayer ID number: 507384016.
Information collected through our web site is managed and controlled by us only.
Basis for the legitimacy of data processing
We collect personal data through this site when you send us a message using our contact form, with your consent.
Your data is collected for the following purpose:
- Prospective applications sent through our web site.
In observance of the "Principle of Lawfulness" enshrined in current data protection laws, AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) solely processes Personal Data as part of its activities when there is a legal basis that legitimises such processing.
The following are Legal Bases:
- Consent: When the Subject of the Data has given his or her consent to the processing of the Personal Data by means of a free, specific, informed, and explicit expression of will, either a declaration (orally or in writing) or an unequivocal positive action (in this case, filling in an option).
- Preparing or fulfilling a contract: When the processing is necessary for executing a contract to which the Subject of the Data is a party, or for pre-contractual procedures at his or her request.
- Fulfilling a legal obligation: When the processing of Personal Data is necessary to ensure and guarantee the fulfilment of legal obligations of a Member State and/or the European Union binding upon the Data Controller.
- Necessary to protect vital interests of the Data Subject: When the processing of data is necessary to ensure the defence of the Subject's vital interests of those of another individual.
- Legitimate Interests: When the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller, other Controllers, or Third Parties, if the Controller's interests outweigh the Data Subject's interests and are not in conflict with the latter's fundamental rights and freedoms.
Sharing of Personal Data
- Contractors: Your Personal Data may be shared with service providers. Service providers are bound to AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) by means of a written contract and may only process Personal Data for specific purposes; they are not authorized to process Personal Data, directly or indirectly, for any other purpose, for their own gain that of a third party.
- Other Controllers and/or Third Parties: Personal Data may be shared internally with other entities associated with AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) that will fulfil the applicable data protection rules in accordance with the purposes ascribed to the processing.
- Upon request and/or with your consent: your Personal Data may be shared with other entities.
- In fulfilment of legal and/or contractual obligations: your Personal Data may also be sent to legal, administrative, supervisory, or regulatory authorities, and to entities that lawfully carry out data compilation, fraud combating and prevention, and market or statistical research.
- Right of access – You have the right to obtain a copy of your data and certain information regarding how that data is processed. This right allows you to know and check that we use your data in accordance with data protection laws. We can refuse to supply the information requested if doing so would reveal the Personal Data of another person or negatively impact another person's rights.
- The right to rectification – If your data is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify/correct it.
- The right to erasure – Allows you to request the erasure or elimination of your data, provided there is no valid basis for us to continue using it or their use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure. There are exceptions, such as when this data is required to defend rights in a court of law.
- The right to restriction – You have the right to block, or prevent the future use of your data while we assess a request for correction, or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted in this way, we can continue to store your data but may not continue to use it after that. We maintain lists of persons who request this block on the future use of their data to ensure that restriction is observed in future.
- The right to portability of data – You have the right to obtain and re-use certain Personal Data for your own purposes in several organizations. This right applies only to data you have supplied and that we process with your consent using automated methods.
- The right to objection – You have the right to object to certain types of processing, for reasons relating to your personal situation, at any time that processing takes place, for the purposes of the legitimate interests of AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) or third parties. We may continue to process this data if we can demonstrate "legitimate overarching reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms" or if this data are needed to declare, exercise, or defend rights in a court of law.
You may exercise your rights as enshrined in the Personal Data Protection Law and other applicable laws at any time by writing an email to: email@example.com
Personal Data Retention Period
We retain Personal Data only for as long as necessary to carry out the specific purposes for which they were collected. However, we may have to store some Personal Data for a longer period, considering factors such as:
- legal obligations under current laws to retain Personal Data for a certain period;
- extinguishment/law of limitations, under current laws;
- litigation; and
- guidance issued by the relevant data protection authorities.
Personal Data will be processed only within the context of the purposes stated in this Policy, in accordance with the internal policies of AFACONSULT (PROAFA - SERVIÇOS DE ENGENHARIA S.A.) and resorting to technical and organizational measures designed in accordance with the risks associated with the specific processing of Personal Data. We resort to appropriate security measures to ensure your Personal Data is protected and to prevent access by unauthorized individuals. We periodically review our security policies and procedures to make sure our systems are secure and protected. However, given that transmitting data via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is being sent to our web site.
If you require any further information, please get in touch by writing an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org